How to BBQ Ribs in the Rotisserie Oven – Grilling Recipe
Yes, you can have barbecue ribs deliciously cooked in the rotisserie oven. It is possible to use a Ronco Rotisserie oven and I have a delicious grilling recipe to prove it. But let’s start with the parboiled ribs. Before you barbecue ribs in the broiler oven, baby back ribs are best when they have been cooked for 15 minutes and the thickest ribs when they have been cooked for about 15 to 20 minutes.
After boiling, marinate in any of the following marinades via cooks.com:
For a fruity flavor:
Approximately 3 1/2 pounds. pork or pork ribs
* 1 can (6 oz) pineapple juice
* 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
* 2 tbsp. brown sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1 chopped onion
* 1 garlic clove, minced
In a jar with a tight lid, combine all ingredients except the ribs. Shake well. For ribs.
For a strong boost:
* 4 lbs. pork or beef ribs
* 3 bouillon cubes (beef)
* 1 1/2 tsp. boiling water
* 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
* 1/4 tsp. soy sauce
Dissolve the beef bouillon cubes in boiling water. Add garlic powder, brown sugar, soy sauce. For on the ribs. With any of the marinades, place the ribs in the refrigerator. Marinate, turning occasionally, for several hours or overnight before grilling. Drain the ribs; set aside the marinade. Brush frequently with marinade while broiling the BBQ ribs in the broiler oven for up to 20-30 minutes, depending on thickness.
FinallyHow do you put the BBQ ribs in the rotisserie oven?
One way is to use the skewer rods that are part of the Ronco Rotisserie accessory pack:
1. Place spit rod assembly on rotisserie rest area.
2. Place 4 empty skewer rods side by side in the holes around the wheel with the spring ends on the left side.
3. Using another skewer rod, pass through the first rib.
4. Take the last skewer rod and thread it through the last rib.
5. Wrap the rods around the empty skewer rods already arranged in the spit rod assembly until the end is reached.
6. Insert the skewer rods attached to the ribs on the sprocket, with the ends of the spring to the left.
7. For two rib racks, thread both racks at the same time, as described above.
(Note that it is recommended to grill 1 BBQ ribs in the rotisserie oven when using the Ronco Rotisserie Compact model and 1 or more racks when using the standard and larger model.)