Ten keys to successful sales
No matter how bad the Wall Street news is, how long this recession lasts, or how poorly your portfolio is performing … this “top 10 list” can exploit your bottom line (and maybe make it “disgustingly” rich)!
1. Never compromise your integrity … for anything or anyone.
2. Focus on what pays you the best and delegate the rest. Don’t confuse “activity” with “achievement” and always stay in “The Green Zone” (prospecting and presentation)!
3. Avoid premature victory celebrations. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Example: I expect an unprecedented increase in portable and individually owned health insurance (my agency’s “bread and butter”) because the employer-based system cannot survive in its current form. And ultimately, supporters of government-run healthcare will be defeated (sure, I agree we need reform … pro reform of free enterprise)!
On the other hand, I intend to work with obsessive-compulsive and stubborn determination (as always) for the next several years because we are living in strange times and we need to be prepared for the unexpected.
4. Less is more. Say what you have to say … quickly, succinctly and simply. And get in the habit of telling your prospects what you want them to do and how to do it. This is your “call to action”. Tell them to call you, visit your website, email you, “take out a pen and write down what I’m going to say,” etc.
5. Don’t fall into the trap of waiting for something to happen.. Make it happen!
6. Never trust conventional wisdom. Be contrary and question everything. And partner with successful entrepreneurs. It will change your life in a huge way.
7. Develop the habit of focusing on opportunities rather than problems. In fact, 93% of the things that people worry about never happen … and the agents who have come to us on the brink of bankruptcy now have a solid financial foundation … With more income and freedom than ever!
8. The only power anyone can have over you is the power you give them. Without you permission, the other person is powerless.
9. When You Feel Overwhelmed, Don’t Try to Do Everything … Just Do It something (Prospecting and presentation come to mind).
10. Live your life and run your business as if the whole world is watching you.
And always be grateful … but never be satisfied!